Player backgrounds, in the style of PHB2 (and some I stole from WotC) for use within this campaign. You do not have to take a background from this list (or at all) but doing so will create an immediate and deeper connection with our story!
- Member of the Tero Tribe Primal and Martial Classes Only: You follow the beliefs and teachings of the Tero tribe, who believe that the power of Ushenge can be reawakened. Associated Skills: Nature, Endurance
- Member of the Kantalos Tribe Primal and Martial Classes Only: You follow the beliefs and teachings of the Kantalos tribe, who believe that the primal forces of the world must flow naturally and without interference. Associated Skills: Nature, Healing
- The Stars Were Wrong Restricted for Dwarves, Eladrin, Gnomes, Shardmind, Wilden & Deva: On the day of your birth, the stars in the night sky turned a bright, terrible, red. The echoes of this strange event seem to have followed you your entire life. When the moon wanes and the stars shine bright in the sky, you find your find yourself prone to terrible misfortune. Have you tried to research this strange event from your past, or have you tried your best to move on and avoid thinking about it? Associated Skills: History, Arcana
- Former Pirate: You were once a pirate before you became an adventurer. Why was this? Did you find that life became distasteful? Or were you betrayed by your crew and cast from your ship? Associated Skills: Athletics, Thievery
- Plagueborn Restricted for Eldarin, Gnomes, Shardminds, Wilden & Deva: You, or your family, were born behind the Plague Bulwark. How did you escape that terrible place? Were you or your family in any way connected to the dark cults that practise their dark arts in that terrible place? How has your past affected you? Associated Skills: Religion, Endurance
- Awakened Revenant Only: You arose during the Festival of Reawakening but you did not return to the Shadowfell. Do you wonder why this might be? Or have you learned to accept your new life and now attempt to build a new legacy? Associated Skills: History, Religion